Discover Opportunities That Weld Your Skills and Future Together!
At General Welding, we’re not just a company; we’re a community of professionals committed to excellence. We’ve been in the business for over 30 years, setting industry standards for quality and innovation for all of Western New York. Now, we’re excited to announce multiple job openings at our Elma, NY, location, as well as a significant opportunity at our Henrietta, NY, plant!
Positions Available in Elma, NY:
- Welders & Fabricators: We are looking for experienced welders with a knack for detail and a commitment to safety. Candidates must be proficient in both MIG and TIG welding, and have 20 years of hands-on experience under your belt. Additional qualifications:
20+ years of experience in welding.
Must be proficient in both MIG & TIG welding techniques.
Strong attention to detail and craftsmanship.
Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
Safety-conscious work ethic.
- Press Brake Operators: Your technical expertise in operating press brake machines is highly desired. Knowledge and understanding of blueprint reading will set you apart. The individual selected for the role will be tasked with establishing and running the press brake, while making certain that all components are manufactured in line with given specifications and tolerances. Additionally, the Press Brake Operator should possess the skills to resolve any issues that could occur during the cycle. Additional responsibilities:
- Set up and operate press brakes to bend, form, or straighten metal.
- Read and interpret blueprints and drawings to determine the correct setup and operation of the press brake.
- Perform routine maintenance on press brakes.
- Inspect parts for accuracy and quality.
- Troubleshoot problems with the press brake and make necessary adjustments.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Burn Table Operators: If you have a background in operating CNC burn tables and are familiar with plasma cutting systems, you may be the perfect fit for our team. Within a comprehensive heavy fabrication team, those in the role of Burn Table Operator will manage the set-up and operation of the CNC Burn Table (AKS) machinery. In this position, your duties will include material handling, program loading, nest tracking, and conducting minor machine fixes. Your capabilities should extend to interpreting measurement tools, operating overhead cranes, and meticulously verifying material specifications while aligning nests with cutouts. Additional responsibilities:
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, and work orders to understand the specifications and requirements for metal cutting.
- Set up the burn table by loading metal sheets onto the table and securing them properly.
- Program and adjust the CNC system to input cutting parameters, such as cutting speed, torch height, and pattern specifications.
- Operate the plasma cutting torch to precisely cut metal sheets according to the provided specifications.
- Inspect cut pieces for defects, proper dimensions, and quality, and perform any necessary rework or adjustments.
- All other duties and responsibilities that are assigned
- Job Qualifications:
- Vocational training or certification in metal fabrication CNC operator, or related field is a plus
- Applicants must be able to read and interpret technical drawings, blueprints, and/or work orders.
- Experience in using computer systems to input cutting parameters and operate the CNC machinery is preferred.
- Regular attendance required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Assistant Plant Manager Opportunity in Henrietta, NY:
We are also seeking an Assistant Plant Manager for our Henrietta, NY, location. Ideal candidates should possess strong leadership skills, experience in plant operations, understanding of welding & fabrication, and a results-oriented mindset. This position will play a crucial role in overseeing daily operations and supporting the Plant Manager in driving the facility to its fullest potential.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary: Your skills are valuable, and we make sure to reward you appropriately.
- Benefits Package: Health, dental, and vision insurance, along with retirement options.
- Career Growth: We believe in nurturing talent and offer opportunities for advancement.
- Work-Life Balance: A positive work environment to help you find the right balance.
How to Apply:
- Online: Visit our careers page to submit your application online.
- Email: Send your resume and cover letter to info@GWFab.com.
- In-Person: Drop by our Elma or Henrietta locations to fill out an application. Please call ahead to schedule a time. (716) 652-0033